- I have started embroidery, not the technical fancy stuff just the easy stitches, running, backstitch, split stitch and trying to get the hang of french knots and satin stitch. My main inspirations are coming from Sublime Stitching, which is putting the cool back into an already excellent pastime, and also remembering the embroidery on my mum's stuff she used to do, not sure why she stopped might get her a teatowel or something from Sublime Stitching to start her up again hehe! So I take my little embroidery bag wherever I go now, am working on a batiked and hand-painted butterfly I made when we had an art lesson recently with the kids. The dyes I used were not the correct ones so it didn't batik(??) very well, so next option embroider in the details ;)
- Carry on with last years job of mending and recycling old clothing and finishing WIP, has lost a bit of the shine in this area as mending is so tedious, and there are only so many recycled men's tshirts one can wear!
- I have also pulled out all my knitting and crocheting UFOs mainly toys, gloves and jumpers, If I still like the item being knitted I will finish, if I have lost interest and don't want it now it gets pulled of the needles and back into the stash.. I want to get them all out the way because I have some cool projects planned for this year including historical stuff for the Historical Sew Fortnightly group I just joined (see below) and items I'd put in the too hard basket to even start, so yay!
- I've recently joined The Historical Sew Fortnightly group, the organizer sets sewing goals to do with historical apparel, that they aim to finish on a fortnightly basis. It is exciting because I finally get to start all those Sense and Sensibility projects I've been wanting to and slightly scary, because I am not technically a historical seamstress! I mean I studied, very briefly, the history of clothing, but nothing major, so I really don't know what I am doing, whether my clothes will be historically accurate, etc. Anyway it will be a bit of fun I hope, I already have an idea for 4 of the first seven fortnights. Will post a link when I write the post :)
- Plus, my final personal sewing goal for the year, is to throw out all my unloved items of clothing and create a new wardrobe with what I have left. Am super excited about this and am also looking for a group or blog challenge to join for the year to keep me motivated :)
But my main goals things I want to explore besides offering beautiful patterns, is to have a range of fabric, put out a very small clothing range, and design some boys patterns or rtw clothing. I always find or rather can't find any well designed clothing or sewing patterns for my 8 yr old son. while there is some beautiful clothing ranges in the younger age range it sort of stops at 7 for some reason not sure why. Boys no longer look cute? (beg to differ here lol!), not a lot of scope for different designs may be? They get picky?? wear out their clothes too quickly, always look messy, don't care what they wear. Who knows, I have seen some great blogs by super talented mums that do some great boys clothing, but just think there should be more available.Anyway that's a few of my goals for 2013, wonder what my end of year wrap up will look like :)